12.12.13

SM Plastic Surgery

Before I kick start on this post-surgery post, I’d like to thank SMPS for the absolutely wonderful experience they’ve given me. THANK YOU!

How many of you have always wanted to get your eyes/nose/chin done? But only end up telling your friends about it and then shelving that thought aside because you’re too afraid of the pain or that the cost of the surgery is too high?

Let me tell you now ok, IT’S NOT PAINFUL AT ALL AND ALSO, START SAVING UP! Serious. I’ve never thought that I’d actually say this, because I’m really quite stingy with my money (especially when it comes to vanity) but I really wouldn’t mind paying for my surgery, because it turned out so freaking well!

2 hours post-surgery:



I was spamming Vitamin C and other foods that promote healing such as (the extremely awful tasting) pumpkin and pineapples. I’ll talk more about my tragic experience with Pineapples in awhile…

Pumpkin Soup:


Tammy and I were daring each other to eat it LOL. It was soooo awful!!

POINT TO NOTE THOUGH, stated below are the things I did and did not do during consultation, which I believe helped me increase my chances of great results (you can more or less tell that the results already look promising, despite the swell)

WHAT I DID:

1) I told Dr Lee the overall feel that I wanted for my look. I told him that I didn’t want a strong, masculine look (I really don’t see myself pulling off a masculine look very well) I wanted to go for a softer, less chiseled look, in other words, boyish.

2) I gave him pictures of eyes/nose/chin that I DIDN’T want. (Read carefully, I gave him examples of WHAT I DIDN’T WANT)

3) I made sure Dr Lee/the people in charge liked me as a person LOL, ok maybe I’m thinking too much, but I think that having a great relationship with your plastic surgeon/his people in charge helps. (I INSIST THAT THIS IS NOT CRAP!!!)

4) I refrained from alcohol, second-hand smoke for a week before I stepped into surgery. And also, no vitamin E!! VERY IMPORTANT.

WHAT I DID NOT:

1) I DID NOT give him a celebrity’s face and go “I want Godfrey Gao’s eyes and I want Sen Mitsuji’s lips and I want GD’s nose!!!!” IT DOESN’T WORK THAT WAY. Common sense would tell you that it’s ridiculous! It’s like saying “I love Ben & Jerrys, OH and Ban Mian and and and MAYONNAISE!!! Let’s me mix them together on a plate and see how that works out!” You get a barf-worthy dish A.K.A SHIT.

Actually, that’s just it. Just please, don’t give them a picture of a celebrity and tell them that you want their eyes/nose/chin. Because, it might not blend well with your other features- features that are yours. Let him advice you on what will suit you better, ok?


Now, I’ll talk about pineapples. DO NOT TAKE TOO MUCH OF THEM. I took too much pineapples/pineapple juices and ended up having SO MANY ulcers grow on my tongue. Tammy already warned me, but I was too stubborn lol. It was hell considering the fact that I had a chin implant surgery, which on its own, already restricted my mouth movements during meal time.


Icing your face 3-5 times a day after your surgery for the next 30 days is extremely important as well! 
I iced my eyes the most! And the swelling actually went down pretty quickly for that day.

My eyes on Day 4:


Note: It swells again the next morning for about a month or two, so you’ll have to be really patient during this period! Rest your head on at least 2 pillows to prevent major swelling the next morning! One last thing, don’t sleep for too long as well! 6-7 hours is ideal.

Lol, I sound like some plastic surgery guru, but really, I have to thank the person-in-charge, Irene, who took super good care of Tammy and I throughout the process. She was like a nagging mom, constantly nagging at us to eat this and eat that, and not eat this and not eat that. She even changed my bandages for me and applied antiseptic on my eyelids! Where to find! Hahaha.

Irene and I at dinner!


For those of you who have very low tolerance for pain, I’m being very honest with you k. The whole surgery was PAINLESS. Seriously, painless. Even the days after the surgery, there was very little pain. A toothache hurts more.

I would consider myself to have quite a low tolerance for pain, that’s actually the main reason why I’ve always not had the balls to go under the knife. But it’s really painless!

EYELID SURGERY: 2/10

NOSE SURGERY: 1/10

CHIN SURGERY: 1/10

I was so happy that it was really painless!

THEN came the day I dreaded since the start of the trip…. THE DAY THAT WE HAVE TO  REMOVE OUR STITCHES. This one ah, hmmmmmm, is really quite something. Lol.

It hurt. I’m not gonna lie, it did hurt.

I think there were about 50 over stitches to be removed on me. I told the nurse, “Please please, go easy on me.” She told me that it’d actually be more torturous if she went slow and easy, which did not make sense to me at that time.

When she removed the first stitch at the outer corner of my eyelid, I got a little scared because it stung. It was painful. I wasn’t crying, I think I was bawling. I started cursing and swearing lol, can’t imagine how much stress the nurse was under.

The whole process lasted for 10 minutes.

REMOVAL OF STITCHES:

EYELIDS: 7.5/10

NOSE: 6/10

CHIN: 8.5/10


It’s been almost 7 weeks since my surgery and I’m healing very well. I’ve been taking selfies on my Instagram account for regular comparisons each week. So far so good!

My weekly progress:

Week 2:


Pumpkin Porridge was my best friend for the whole of week 2. It really DOES help with the healing!

Week 3:


Look at how much the swelling on my eyelids have subsided! Vitamin C, Zinc, Pumpkin, Pineapples all played a part in helping! Icing too! I'm always icing my eyes!

Week 4:


Still a little yellow on my temples and forehead (due to the fat grafting), but I was told by many that I was healing extremely well.

Week 5:


The dreaded week- NS. Thank God I looked more or less “normal” already. People in my camp couldn't even tell that I went for surgery just 4 weeks before I enlisted! Hahaha. Proud.

Week 6:




And now, the BEFORE & AFTER picture of myself!



Most of my friends tell me that I don’t look that different from the front and that the huge difference lies in my profile view. That was EXACTLY what I wanted. An enhancement, NOT a transformation.

Gotta thank Dr Lee and Irene once again for doing such a wonderful job!!!

And now, this is how I look like:


(Picture was taken last night)

Words really cannot express how grateful I am towards SMPS. :’)

If you have any questions at all regarding this surgery, you can ask me at www.ask.fm/darylaidenyow! I’ll be glad to help!

Also, you can keep up with my recovery process at www.instagram.com/darylaiden (@darylaiden) on Instagram.

If you’re interested in getting your plastic surgery done at the clinic Tammy and I went to, contact the SM Plastic Surgery Singapore Team for more information!

Irene: +65 9199 9621

Email: smpssingapore@gmail.com